Peut-ĂȘtre nous n'avons pas besoin d'amour. Peut-ĂȘtre c'est une aide que nous avons vraiment besoin (Maybe we don't need love after all. Maybe help it what we really need)

The Owner's Bio

My photo
Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia
Life is merely a journey to the grave, but to make the journey become a beautiful parade or a dark mourning ceremony is all in your hand.

About The Blog

nothing special. just a compilation of my feelings. feel free to read or use if it is not my own work (like song lyrics). stealing my own work will not give you any lawsuit, but please respect the owner by not taking any part of the content that is made by me without my acknowledgment and without putting my name on it. :]

June 19, 2012

To Love Someone That Loves You

Just a thought that crossed my mind again these days, recalling one of the show back in Indonesia (I forgot what it was) that interviewed some public figures about the different choices and the reason. One of the interesting part is when the show interviewed the figures about this question:

"Which one do you prefer? To love someone or to be loved by someone?"

Some people, mostly the gentlemen, chose the first one. The male instinct of hunting the prey might had to do with that, but some ladies who chose the first option considered that "it's not the time for us now to sit beautifully and wait for our prince to come."

The others chose the second one. They considered that "Love grows. Even in the most barren desert, if someone plant a seed and keep watering it, it will eventually grow, create flowers, and bear fruits. So does love. Love can flourish whenever there is a "gardener".

I think both are right. In some point love is precious to be chased and to be fight for, but fighting for something that is never there will be foolish as well. I like to nurture and like to feel like I am needed, but am not the mighty gardener that will be persistent enough in growing hard seeds. Motivations, seeing the sprout growing green and bearing hope helps me to fight for more.  Like what I used to say to someone, "If you want people to stay, you have to give them reason to stay."

Oh well, love is definitely not my specialty. :\

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't say that.... love is nobody's speciality... it is nothing you can study and get a bachelor degree in after 3.5 years.

    Everybody knows: there are million of choices... so everyone also wants to feel like special.... like in that million of choices that one is who you run for now. But yes, it is also not about chasing what you cannot get, it also has to be answered in the same way...

    That is the thing why the question " Which one do you prefer, to love someone or to be loved by someone?" ist just selfish and self-centred.

    There is nothing to prefer, there is only love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm... thank you, "anonymous".. >;)

    ReplyDelete